Sep 18, 2007

Wow... My first blog ever!

Hey Everyone!

This is TK! I am 16 years old and I live in Southern California. I am blogging about my experiences and journey in the knitting world.

Some history of how I first starting knitting:
I learned about 4 years ago but I was never really interested... -gasp!- So I would go through these random knitting phases about once a year... On again, off again. But now, I think it has finally stuck.

I'll try to blog on Saturdays (or even other days of the week, depending on how much time I have) and I'll post my FO's, my WIP's and my ideas. And maybe anything interesting that happened in my life. You'll just wait and see...

Currently, I have finished my first hat... But regretfully I didn't get pictures of it in progress. I'll have finished pics this Saturday. The hat is made out of 100% Alpaca. It also was my first go at cabling AND intarsia! I think it turned out really great, even though the paw is a little wonky.

In my WIP list, I'm working on a chevron scarf for my younger sister and a pair of vintage gloves for me! The chevron scarf is made out of this ladder style acrylic yarn... Normally I would never use acrylic yarn, but it's for my sister. The gloves of being made out of a 2 ply/ 100% Alpaca that I hand dyed myself. This will be my first project on circular needles... size #1! (Or 2.25 mm) AHH!!! Amazing so far, I'm really enjoying it. But we will see what happens when I get to glove number 2.

It's time for me to go now... Post on Saturday!
-- TK

Blog Archive